Striverdi Respimat (Olodaterol Hydrochloride)
STRIVERDI RESPIMAT (OLODATEROL HYDROCHLORIDE)
Striverdi Respimat (Olodaterol Hydrochloride) is a prescription based oral inhalation solution drug. It is a bronchodilator. It is used to treat airflow obstruction in patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Striverdi Respimat is the brand name under which Olodaterol Hydrochloride generic drug is sold.
How It Works
COPD belongs to a classification of disease. They affect the lungs and airways, making it difficult to breathe. Chronic Bronchitis and Emphysema are two main forms of COPD. Olodaterol Hydrochloride belongs to a class of drugs called long-acting beta-agonists. It helps to relax and open the air passages in the lungs. Because of this, it becomes easier to breathe. It helps to treat symptoms of the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease like wheezing, coughing, chest tightness and breathlessness, making it easier to breathe.
- Not recommended for children under 18 years.
- Adult Dosage:
- Dosage recommendations go about 2 inhalings once daily during the same time of the day.
- Only 2 inhalations in 24 hours.
- No dose adjustment (normal dose) for geriatric patients, patients with mild or moderate liver impairment and patients with renal impairment.
Common Side Effects
- Serious Side Effects:
- Allergic reaction: Symptoms are, for instance:
- Hyperglycemia: Symptoms are, for instance:
- Frequent urination
- Increased thirst
- Dry mouth
- Low potassium level: Symptoms are, for instance: for instance:
- Irregular heartbeats
- Leg cramps
- Chest pain
- Pounding heartbeat
- Choking or breathing issues
- Severe breathing problems
- Common Side Effects:
- Sore throat
- Back pain
- Joint pain
- Pain while urinating
- Discomfort in chest
These are however some side effects of Striverdi Respimat. If you notice any side effects, call for immediate medical help.
How to Take This Medication
- Please take it as and when prescribes by the doctor.
- Follow the instruction and directions carefully.
- Use the same inhaler you get with the medicine.
- Replace your inhaler every time you get a refill.
- Before the first use, get the inhaler primed.
- How to get your inhaler primed:
- Actuate the inhaler towards the ground.
- Wait until an aerosol cloud is visible.
- Repeat the same thing thrice.
- If not used for more than 3 days, actuate it towards the ground once.
- Failing to use for more than 21 days, you have to get it primed again.
- However, if you miss a dose, don’t take 2 doses together.
- If you overdose, get immediate help.
Warnings and Precautions
- Important Warning:
- Severe Asthma Problems: Striverdi Respimat (Olodaterol Hydrochloride) may cause severe asthma problems in some patients who have asthma. It may even lead to hospitalization or death.
- Other Warnings and Precautions:
- Don’t take this medication if you have/are, for instance:
- Allergic reaction
- Inform the doctor if you have/are, for instance:
- Heart problems
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid Disorder
- Going to have a surgery
- Pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- It is moreover not meant for bronchospasm attacks. Use a fast-acting inhalation drug during the attacks.
- It is not recommended for children below 18 years, likewise.