Anoro Ellipta (Vilanterol Trifenatate/Umeclidinium Bromide)
ANORO ELLIPTA (VILANTEROL TRIFENATATE/UMECLIDINIUM BROMIDE)
AnoroEllipta is a prescription based Inhalation powder drug. It is used to treat airflow obstruction in patients with COPD, Chronic Bronchitis or Emphysema.AnoroEllipta is the brand name under which a combination of generic drugs named VilanterolTrifenatate and Umeclidinium Bromide is sold.
How It Works
AnoroEllipta inhalation powder moreover is a combination of Vilanterol and Umeclidinium. It helps to control Wheezing, Shortness of breath, coughing and chest tightness. Vilanterol belongs to a class of drugs called long-acting beta-agonists. It helps to relax and open the air passages in the lungs. Because of this, it becomes easier to breathe. Umeclidinium belongs to a class of drugs called anticholinergics. It works by blocking some muscarinic receptors. These receptors are responsible for the contraction of muscles. It helps to relax the muscles in the airways, making it easier to breathe.
- Not recommended for children below 18 years.
- Adult Dosage:
- It is to be inhaled one time once a day orally.
- Not under the recommendation to be used more than once in 24 hours.
- Zero dosage adjustments for people with renal impairment and liver problems.
Common Side Effects
- Serious Side Effects:
- Allergic Reaction: Symptoms are, for instance:
- Swelling of tongue, throat, face or lips
- Hyperglycemia: Symptoms are, for instance:
- Frequent urination
- Increased Thirst
- Low Potassium level: Symptoms are, for instance:
- Leg cramps
- Numbness in legs
- Fluttering in chest
- Breathing problems
- Frequent Urination
- Pain while urinating
- Eye pain and blurred vision
- Common Side Effects:
- Chest pain
- Sore Throat
- Muscle Pain
These are some side effects of AnoroEllipta. Call your doctor if you face any symptoms.
How to Take This Medication
- Take this medicine moreover as and when prescribed by the doctor.
- Follow all the instructions and directions carefully.
- Only 1 dose within 24 hours, above all.
- Take it at the same time, to prevent taking 2 doses within 24 hours.
- It comes with a preloaded inhaler. Throw the inhaler after 6 weeks or when the dose indicator becomes zero.
- Clean the mouthpiece before and after use, likewise.
- Don’t breathe in through your nose when using it.
- Don’t breathe out on the mouthpiece.
- If you miss a dose, don’t take 2 doses together.
- If you overdose, get immediate medical help.
Warnings and Precautions
- Important Warning:
- Serious Asthma Problems: AnoroEllipta may cause serious Asthma problems or increase the risk of death in people with Asthma.
- Other Warnings and Precautions:
- Don’t take it if you have/are, for instance:
- Allergic reaction
- Allergic to milk proteins
- Inform your doctor if you have/are, for instance:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Liver disease
- Thyroid Disorder
- Enlarged prostate
- Going to have a surgery
- Pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- Taking other medications, above all
- It is likewise not for treating Bronchospasm Attack. Similarly, use only fast-acting inhalation during an attack.
- However, not meant for children under 18 years.