Daliresp (Roflumilast) is a regulated oral medicine. It is used to control and prevent worsening of symptoms like wheezing in patients suffering from COPD. The brand name under which Roflumilast generic drug is sold is Daliresp. It is also marketed internationally as Daxas.
How It Works
COPD is a classification of disease. They affect the lungs and airways, rendering difficulty in breathing. It assists in reducing the inflammation and irritability of airway channels. It also reduces inflammation and swelling of lungs. Because of this, it becomes easier to breathe
- Not recommended for children under 18 years.
- Adult Dosage:
- An initial dose of 250 mcg once a day for 4 weeks.
- Increase in dose to 500 mcg once a day.
- The maintenance dose is 500 mcg once a day as 250 mcg is not effective.
- Take it orally with or without food.
Common Side Effects
- Serious Side Effects:
- Allergic Reaction: Symptoms are, for instance:
- Rash and Itching
- Trouble Breathing
- Swelling of face, mouth, tongue, throat
- Mental Health Problems: Symptoms are, for instance:
- Mood fluctuations
- Behaviour Changes
- Trouble sleeping
- Impulsive Behavior
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Thoughts about self-harming
- Pain while urinating
- Rapid weight loss
- Common Side Effects:
- Loss of appetite
- Minor weight loss
- Trouble sleeping
- Back pain
These moreover are some side effects of Daliresp. However, if you notice any symptoms, get immediate medical help.
How to Take This Medication
- Take this medication as and when prescribed by the doctor.
- Follow the instructions and directions carefully.
- Consume it orally daily as a single dose with or without meal intake.
- Take this medicine at the same time every day, so you don’t miss a dose.
- Do not share this drug with other people experiencing the same problem without consulting a doctor first.
- In case of a missed dosage, avoid taking two doses at once. Wait for the next dose.
- If you overdose, call for immediate medical help.
Warnings and Precautions
- Don’t take Daliresp (Roflumilast) if you have/are, for instance:
- Severe Liver Disease
- Allergic reaction
- Inform your doctor if you have/are, for instance:
- Liver Disease
- Heart problems
- Mental health issues
- Pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- Going to have a surgery
- Taking other medication
- Please don’t take this medication while drinking alcohol as it makes you dizzy and affect your health.
- It is not meant to treat an immediate bronchospasm attack. Use quick rescue inhaler for the same.
- If you notice rapid weight loss, consult your doctor.
- This medication may affect your mental health. One may experience mood fluctuations, anxiety, sleep deprivation and depression.
- You may have suicidal thoughts and self-harming thoughts. You or your family should contact the doctor immediately if you have any suicidal thoughts.
- It is not recommended for children under 18 years.