How Much Will Ozempic Cost Monthly?
Like other diabetes medications, its prescription comes with per-fill and monthly expenses. If you need a consistent drug supply, below is a rundown of important questions and answers relating to the monthly cost of Ozempic.
Ozempic is a brand of the generic drug, Semaglutide, which is a human glucagon-like peptide-1 that boosts insulin secretion and speeds up sugar metabolism. It’s subcutaneously injected and commonly used to manage type 2 diabetes.
Simply put, it’s a medicine for diabetic adults used to lower blood sugar, along with proper diet and exercise.
Monthly Cost of Ozempic
How to Get Cheaper Ozempic
Branded diabetes medications like Ozempic can get expensive, and it’s just smart to try and get them at a cheaper rate. Here are some tips:
1. Check Drug Price Checker Apps or Websites
Drug price checker websites and apps usually offer a discount card or coupon you can avail of to purchase medications, like Ozempic, with a discount. Some even provide data on different official conditions. Here’s a list of well-reviewed sites and apps you can download on your devices:
- Pharmacy Checker is a website that compares medication costs in local and overseas pharmacies. The pharmacy rating feature checks if a specific drug can be sold by a licensed pharmacy or if a prescription is required.
- NeedyMeds is a patient savings website with drug cost comparisons, rebate offers, a drug discount card, and information on government assistance programs, official diagnoses, and low-charge clinics.
- Wex is an easy-to-navigate drug price checker app with location and condition filters and generic drug and pharmacy rewards program information. It also has a Report Price feature which allows users to share the latest and lowest price they find at local and online pharmacies.
- GoodRx offers savings tips and allows the user to search via GPS, zip code, and medical condition. It’s also helpful in finding the lowest prices for Ozempic and other diabetes medications in over 60,000 local and online pharmacies.
- SingleCare offers cost comparisons for different buying quantities, doses, and administration forms. It also provides downloadable coupons you can use at partner establishments.
- WellRx comes with a pharmacy location feature and a discount card. It also provides nutritional recommendations for different conditions, a direct hotline to a licensed pharmacist, and information on official diagnoses and Ozempic side effects.
2. Use a Drugs.com Discount Coupon
The printable coupons available on Drugs.com can help you save 80% or more on the cost of prescription and over-the-counter medicines. It can be used at over 65,000 major US pharmacy chains including CVS Pharmacy, Target, Walmart Pharmacy, Walgreens, and Duane Reade.
3. Avail of Ozempic Savings Offers and Rebates
Novo Nordisk A/S, the company that manufactures Ozempic, offers printable coupons, free samples, free trials, and rebate programs. They also have a savings card that grants eligible patients to get up to a $25 discount per 30-day prescription or $150 per fill.
Ozempic samples are available at diabetes clinics, and you can get them during one of your consultations. Coupons can be printed from the brand’s website, while other discount programs can be available at your local pharmacy.
Do Insurance Cover expenses on Ozempic?
Yes, some private and government health insurance policies cover expenses on Ozempic. Here are some of them:
- 85% of Medicare Part D and Medicare Advantage policies cover Ozempic. The typical Co-pay range is $25 to $933.
- Novo Nordisk A/S offers eligible commercially insured patients with coverage for Ozempic of up to $25 savings for a 28-day fill or $150 per month. They also offer a 3-month assistance program with a maximum discount of $450.
Average Cost of Ozempic- How Much Does Ozempic Cost?
The average cost of Ozempic in the United States is $856 per 2mg/1.5mL vial. But this varies depending on the state, demand, stock availability, insurance plan coverage, special discount entitlement, and other factors.
Patient Assistance Programs for Ozempic Prescriptions
Some pharmaceutical companies sponsor patient assistance programs for Ozempic and other drugs. Such private institutions offer discounted or free medications to low-income, underinsured, or even uninsured residents who meet specific eligibility requirements.
NovoCare Patient Support Programs
One must be a US resident and have an FDA-approved diagnosis to be eligible for the NovoCare patient assistance program for Ozempic (Semaglutide) injection. Still, the case determines its eligibility.
Co-pay assistance is also available for eligible patients. The hotline for diabetes is 844-Novo4Me (844-668-6463).
Novo Nordisk Patient Support Program
The Novo Nordisk Patient caters to uninsured diabetic US residents and those living below the 400% federal poverty line. It also offers Co-pay assistance under Medicare Part D for Ozempic (Semaglutide) Pen Pack.
Ozempic Side Effects and Contraindications
In managing type 2 diabetes, Ozempic has been proven to be effective, but it comes with risks, indications for drug interactions, and treatment limitations. It’s best to opt-out from taking the drug if you have:
- MTC or medullary thyroid carcinoma
- MEN or multiple endocrine neoplasias
- a health or family history of thyroid tumors
- history of diabetic retinopathy
- plans to become pregnant or breastfeed or are already pregnant or breastfeeding
Be mindful of these possible side effects
- pancreatitis or severe pain in the stomach area
- frequent hypoglycemia issue
- changes in vision
- kidney problems, like frequent urination in combination with dehydration
- diabetic ketoacidosis (as evidenced by the breath smelling fruity or like varnish, fast deep breathing, frequent urination, sleepiness, exhaustion, confusion, dizziness, stomach pain, etc.)
Supporting Your Health With Ozempic
Support your health by complying with your sulfonylurea drug or Ozempic prescription and taking the initiative to find budget-friendly ways to fill it. Eat the proper diet and exercise regularly to help manage your blood sugar level.
If the costs of your prescription drugs are keeping you from adhering to your type 2 diabetes treatment plan, talk to your physician or diabetes healthcare provider. He or she can help you sign up for a government or patient assistance program. And, as mentioned above, it won’t hurt to compare pharmacy drug prices.
For a convenient shopping experience and to make sure you always have your Ozempic supply, buy from PharmaServe’s online website.